AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep Lemon Australia Viral
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 106 Times in 53 Posts

Sorry jeep im on the consumers side. My partner purchased a 2007 holden captiva in 2010.
50000km, deisel, excellent condition, retireees owned it from new, log book serviced. She thought she bought smart and ill admit thought it was a solid purchase at the time. It wasnt brand new, but it was close to it.

1.5 years later at 80000km the roller rocker bearing failed, destroying the top end. 8000 bucks to repair, holden just shrugged their shoulders at us as it was out of warranty there was nothing they could do to help us. They said lower grade oil can lead to premature wear of the bearing. This was also stated on the recall notice. When i pointed out the vehicle was serviced by holden, albeit from another dealer, at every service interval prior to the failure, i was told there was no sure way to confirm the right oil was used at the other dealer. Just one of those things. We had no choice at the time but to repair the vehicle.

Just last week, we received a letter from holden customer care stating our captiva has been included in a national captiva/cruz recall for guess what? Roller rocker arm bearing failure in all diesel models. No shit! Could it of been the myriad of complaints and bad publicity about this issue and many more that has led to this recall? I dont doubt it had some bearing on the outcome. So im in the process of trying to get some of our hard earned back from GM. Thanks to everyone out there who kicked up a stink about this problem. Congrats to the grand owner for getting his money back i reckon.

I understand its not a perfect world and faults will happen. Fair enough. Warranty- awesome when it actually covers your issue. The warranty doesnt reimburse your personal time or the inconvenience of taking a vehicle back time and time again, postponing holidays, commitments etc. That time/inconvenience i beleive is heavily undervalued by most dealerships. If you suffer a string of faults after purchasing a new vehicle you should have every right to return the product and get a refund.