AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - KJ CRD Diesel Owners FAQ
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2007
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KJ CRD Diesel Owners FAQ

In this thread I am going to post several answers to FAQs on the mechanical quirks of the CRD Diesel Cherokee and solutions that outline how to ensure long and trouble free service from these models.

There has been a lot of talk of design problems with the CRDs (and much mis-information), brought about by the experiences of a small percentage of owners. If you know a bit about these issues, you will see there are some simple things that can be done to resolve them and ensure reliability from your CRD.

The benefit of the torque and fuel economy only available in the diesel outweighs the minor inconvenience of having these problems attended to under the various Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls to ensure reliabilty.

Some routine maintenance should be observed to keep the CRD running reliably too. eg. emptying the Provent canister and cleaning the Boost sensor periodically (see below for more detail).

Problems experienced and discussed elsewhere on the forum, other than those listed in this thread are generally just random occurences that are distributed amongst all Jeeps (and for that matter any manufacturer's) new cars, and not particular to the CRD at all.

Its also essential that you take your CRD to a dealer that knows diesels, many Jeep mechanics around the country lack the skills to maintain the CRD and also perform some of the more tricky recalls involving transmissions. Find a good one and you won't have a problem after the recall work.

Please don't post anything in this thread, PM me if you believe I should make a change.

That way this thread will stay uncluttered and be a ready reference for new CRD owners that find the forum looking for information.

Wilmo

Last edited by Wilmo; 24-04-2007 at 10:37 AM.