AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Sticky Clutch when warm
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,550 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminol View Post
I had a look in the master cylinder reservoir and looks compromised. It was black with a brown layer on the top! How do I flush this do we know? Thanks
Suck all the crap out. I use a syringe. Check to see if you have a bleed nipple on the slave. If you have, put a hose on it into a bottle, fill the MC with new fluid & loosen the bleed nipple & pump new fluid through checking the MC regularly & refilling.
If you dont have a bleed nipple, you can remove the slave & move it up to above the master. It can be done. Then remove the spring clip holding the piston in & pump the peddle once to remove the slave piston. then fill the slave with fresh fluid & push the piston back in all the way. This should push the dirty fluid all back to the MC & you can then syringe it out & refill with new fluid. make sure you put the spring clip back in the slave & then put it all back. You may need a bit of force to get the slave piston back & all the way down the slave if the line is blocked or damaged.
The alternate is to buy a new MC/slave that is prefilled & install it