AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - To buy a jk diesel or wait for the jl
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krump_7 View Post
You say mount the auto trans cooler away from the grill? Is there anywhere else to mount one? Always thought up in front was the best place for it.
Also your tune to delete the egr, how much was that and where did u get that done. I am from perth.
Cheers
Brad.
The gill area is the most logical area to mount a trans cooler, but it's just too cramped already with the intercooler there etc. Some people do still mount a small cooler there and have had positive results though. Others with much better results have mounted the cooler somewhere else on the vehicle and usually with its own thermo fan (turns on/off at a set temp), the most common place I've seen people choose to mount them is above the rear diff (big cavity there that is somewhat away from potential damage). The most common argument as to why mounting above the rear diff is bad idea is because it can fill with mud if you like driving through that stuff, if not then its prob a non issue, also mounting it up there is pretty much the same height if not higher than where water/mud would reach on the grill area as you enter a mud hole anyway, so it would still get covered/caked in mud if mounted behind the grill. Also creating space to mount it behind the grill usually means switching to an angry grill style that is 'hiflo' (bigger grill opening), which may or may not be your thing...

For tuning, I highly recommend Infinitech Tuning in Wangara, Roger is the owner/tuner and he is really nice to deal with. For us Perth guys there's not much choice in tuning our CRD's and I did a fair bit of ringing around and asking on FB groups etc, and discovered where other's had bad experiences etc and everyone who had used Infinitech was very happy. There was a guy from Kalgoorlie who had is JK CRD with a EGR issue and booked into ECU West (very well known diesel tuning place) in Mandurah for a day to have it tuned and the EGR program deleted, he drove his family to Perth for an overnight round trip, ECU West stuffed up and couldn't sort it at all, so returned his ECU to stock and sent him on is way, he was devastated. He asked around for help and a couple of us told him to speak to Roger at Infinitech, who was fully booked but squeezed him in after hours and got his JK CRD tuned and EGR sorted.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119