AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK: 6.4 Hemi
Thread: JK: 6.4 Hemi
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2012
Established Member

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default JK: 6.4 Hemi

Well I'm getting close to half way through this install and thought a few may want to see what the process involves. Its a bit slow as I work away

First stage is to get this 6.4 mated to a 6 speed manual and 4 speed atlas transfer case squeezed in and engineered. Once passed there will be a few mods done to the engine, in no hurry at the moment as the tuning hasn't been cracked yet.

Second stage I'm waiting on my super 14 bolt axles to be built by Torq axles.

Third stage is lift and roll cage. Haven't fully made my mind up here but looks like I'm going to use rock krawler reverse triangulated rear, poly or rock krawler front 5 link all on 14 inch coilovers and air bumps. Don't really want to go much more then 3 inch. My tyres arrived quite early, but these will be mounted to trail ready beadlocks

Next to me mums car

Those are 37's but may go bigger

Roll cage is going to be done by someone else which will be cams approved.

All arrived on 2 pallets

Checking everything there

Specky engine

Transfer case 11.70:1

Ripping the front apart

Pretty straight forward

Cut and grind old mounts

New ones welded on. My welding ain't the prettiest (first time I welded actually) but it'll hold

Trans cross member. Upgraded heavy duty from poison spider

Wack on some paint (sorry about the shaky hands)

And thats it for now. Hopefully tomorrow I can mate the engine and gearbox and wire her up. Monday I've got Enzed coming round to make some fuel lines, brake lines and clutch line, hopefully I can relocate the steering as well.