AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK: 6.4 Hemi
Thread: JK: 6.4 Hemi
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2012
Established Member

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodxj View Post
Could that be because your either happy to be finally fitting a HEMI or stoked to be rid of the POS factory 6. Hell man, I'd be shaking like a epileptic in a discotheque if I was fitting a HEMI in my bus..

Well done on posting the progress, will be keeping an eye on it.
Haha yeh I think I'm gonna have to post a vid of the new beast doing a burnout on top of the old 6 banger.

Slow progress and no exciting pics. Relocated the steering and modified firewall. Trial fitted the wiring harness and looks like a few mods will need to be done. Hose guy didn't come as he was sure he wouldn't have those plastic fuel connections. So my next quest is to find out what they are called and where I can get them. I'm changing the fuel tank ones out, but the lines going to the filter or sensor of some sort, obviously need to be kept with the stock connections.
Also removed the spacer ring on the crank to fit the pilot bearing, that was a complete bastard and got a new thrust bearing from the stealership.
A few parts from the old engine transfer over like the clutch fork, dip stick, fuel lines ect..

Won't be any progress until I get back in a couple of weeks, but it looks like I will be getting the engine in once I can find those fuel connections and lines made up. Then I'll tackle the transfer case. I might do a detailed write up for that, as this part can be installed on stock motors and I'm just as excited about this part as my hemi.

As for costs dirt33 it hurts. Getting the hemi, gearbox, installation kit (includes radiator, motor accessories, hoses, mounts, exhaust ect...) and transfer case to your door is about $30k. These axles are going to be $25k (dana 60 are about the same price if you go full float, currie are a bit cheaper) and Im expecting the lift to cost around $10k but that includes fuel tank relocation and few other bits n pieces, plus the roll cage?? 3 to 5 thousand? Gods knows how much it'll cost if you got someone else to do it.
I'm by no means a rich bogan. This has taken over 5 years to set aside the money plus since I was a kid I have always wanted to heavily modify a car or Jeep. So completing one life ambition is worth more then what I've spent.

Its definitely a good route to go weather hemi or chevy. They really should've made this a factory option, the amount of blokes in the states that convert is staggering and its picking up over here to which is good to see. I can't wait for JK07 chevy conversion to finish, that'll be a beast of a thing