AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Mods VSB 14
Thread: XJ Mods VSB 14
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

She is now ready for a test run.

Jumped under the XJ and fitted a missing sump bolt and then went around and nipped the rest up lightly. Most of them were only finger tight!

Compressor was an easy fix... it helps when you reconnect the red power wire!!

When i first started her up yesterday, i had a few drips of glycol hitting the exhaust and i noticed some liquid hanging from the bell housing. Removing the head, heater hoses etc... got a bit of glycol splashing around, so i am hoping its just a bit of residual, and not the dreaded rear welch plug. I went out with a blue light last night and there was glycol glowing green everywhere... so i gave it all a hose down this morning and will keep an eye on it.

One of the last things on the list is fixing the interior lights and replacing the globes with LED's which i am keeping an eye on another thread for info on that.

I have also been looking into making my own cheap pressure tester, using an old radiator cap, drilling out the centre and fitting a tube valve. Block off overflow tube, then using a pump with pressure gauge to pressure up to 16psi and check for leaks and pressure drops.

Cheers,

Last edited by alexbrown64; 01-07-2016 at 11:35 AM. Reason: correction