AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - wk2 loss of power
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts

Bob way back when our 2012 had only 25K up we were travelling south on the Newell towing the van at around 100kph when it shut down completely - without warning and with only the engine management light lit. Without going any further about how scary that was - the vehicle was trucked to Orange where the diagnosis was fuel rail sensor high.
Dealer wanted to simply reset but I refused and it took 2 weeks for a new fuel rail (the sensor is integrated) to be sourced and fitted.
For the rest of its life with us (another 90K) the thing was gorgeous - and we went again with a 2015 - again gorgeous.
At the time I made a huge fuss with the dealer principal and Jeep Au about the complete and sudden shutdown and it may be that the software has been changed to limp rather than shut down.
OK - this wasn't much help - except that AFAIK you can't just get a fuel rail sensor it has to be the complete rail.
I think you may be on the track though suspecting the TIPM may be involved somehow.
All the best.
John