AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Spare parts to carry?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
As the trip is only weeks away, I have sourced the required parts I shall be carrying from rockauto. Amazing the cost difference shipped from US than locally sourced. Close to 40% savings.

I am seriously considering finding someone who can fabricate some bracket or uneek like bracket for my front runner roof rack so it extends out to the pinchweld. I will be carrying camping gear on the roof.

I might be looking for a Wilco tyre carrier($999) or a Mirack($399), or go without the additional spare....

As you can see in the photo attached, the uneek base bracket looks like it may help the front runners with downward pressure. Neither uneek or front runners would benefit for upward pressure. I know if I can get hold of this uneek bracket, it may just do the trick, as the front runner backbone rail can be mounted outwards so it wont align to the roof lugnuts, also meaning the roof rack would sit closer to the roof.

Anyone know a Perth fabricator who could do this sort of thing?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

it would cost more to get a fabricator to make up rails due to the curve of our roof, you can buy the rails from uneek for $500 i think and then just have to pair the frontrunner rails with the uneek base .

not worth paying a fabricator cos i would suggest it would be alot more expensive than getting the uneek ones . i looked into it and i'll wait to see if chief release the support seperately or just buy the uneek one and get a fab to make up arms for the pioneer