AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Arb twin air compressor
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLaugesen View Post
I've basically separated the individual compressors and linked them with a ~50cm high-temp hose, and mounted them lengthwise in the narrow space behind the towbar member.

I have the LRA aux tank which makes it a tight fit, but worked-out perfectly. Could just mount the compressors to the top of the aux tank bracket using the original brackets (with the rubber grommet things bolted to the blue heatsink/clamp around the motor.).

Ran power from the boot (already had an aux battery and false floor.) through a hole drilled (and grommeted/sealed) down into the bumper cavity. From there you can feed through some stamped holes to get out near the towbar member.

I'll take some photos if you're interested?

I used them "mobile" (in a case with small tank, etc.) for a couple of years, which was a pita obviously. Then mounted permanently on the roof rack for a few years, which was ok, but using a roof top tent now.
Couldn't find anywhere more convenient where they could fit; engine bay, under seats, etc. Had them mounted in one of the rear footwells briefly for a couple of trips, but was very annoying... especially with two kids in the back haha.

I'm not keen on them getting submerged through water crossings with where they are now... but oh-well. They've survived a tonne of abuse so-far, so I'm considering it a worthwhile risk. Might elevate the air intakes or plumb into the cabin or something fancy like that one day if I'm bored.
Sounds like a great setup you've got there. Would love to see pics if possible. Thanks
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119