AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand Willys Project
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2011
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Woo hoo, time to lift off the cab. Rolled the chassis and cab under my carport in front of the workshop where I still have this winch setup. It is a boat trailer winch that is though bolted to the centre carport post. The cable then runs over a pipe that it bolted between two rafters. The lifting frame was when many years ago I had a roof top tent that I made this setup for so I could simply park under it and remove or install it by myself. Just left the camper pack sitting up in the air the rest of the time.

We have lift off. Was very easy and fuss free and my wife even did all the winching by herself.

Back down on a old shopping trolley base ready to go for a ride.

Got some strange looks as we had to go up the footpath.

And around the corner to the front of the house.

Will sit in the garage where the camper trailer normally lives until I am ready to work on it.

Chassis is now ready for the big strip down. Heard it can be quite hard removing all the frame rivets and there are plenty of those holding every bracket and cross member in. Hoping grinding the head off and then using an air chisel with a punch bit will work. Got some rose welds to try and remove as well without damaging the cross member inside the rail.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 01-08-2017 at 02:44 PM.