AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Roof Rack setup
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018
Established Member

Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I lived in Sydney for nearly 30 years due to my work so I know how you feel. Although to be honest I do miss Sydney, even though I was born here in Newcastle. I only moved because the missus had had enough so I changed jobs.

However, if I stayed in Sydney I wouldn't have bought the Wrangler. As much as I love driving it on weekends (I have a Hilux work truck), I don't think I could have handled spending every day driving it in Sydney traffic. I don't know how you guys do it.
I cycle to and from work most days because a) it's cheaper and b) it's the same if not less time! So I wouldn't call it my daily driver. But it is our only vehicle. My Mrs works about 1 km from where we live so she walks the dog to work, so it really only gets used 3-4 times a week.

I would definitely move out of Sydney to get away from the rat-race, it does my head in. But I know I'd inevitably miss heaps of shit here. It's the double edged sword isn't it!