AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party (AMEP)
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep112 View Post
I couldn't give a flipping toss about Ricers doing skids in the street.
Neither do I, but here is the problem. You have just made the common assumption that a Motoring Enthusiast is irresponsible and wants to do that type of behavior where it is unsafe to do so. This is where we are attempting to promote Unity and Respect, not just within the Motoring Enthusiast community but as part of the larger society we are all part of.

There are those in the community who do not care for us Four Wheel Drivers going out and ripping up the bush, cutting new tracks and damaging the waterways. At least that is why they think we do, thanks to these generalisations and steriotypes perpetuated by extremest political parties and sensationalised media, when in fact it is the minority that does the wrong thing.

Across all disciplines of the motoring enthusiast culture you have the socially irresponsible and selfish minority that manage to ruin it for the rest of us. We would argue that these are not true enthusiasts, even though they might claim to be. If they were they would be seeking to protect their passion and lifestyle and not destroy it with their actions.

In fact you see this in just about every level of society today. This is something we are working hard to try to change as United and Respectful Motoring Enthusiasts to begin with. I am expecting that you will see these core values reflected in the policy positions we take on legislation being presented by the Government of the day, should we gain the necessary level of respect and trust of the Australian people before the next election so that we may have some representation and influence in the Senate.

I noticed in an earlier post, the observation on how as a motoring enthusiast culture we have a broad diversity background in society. It is my opinion that this diversity makes us stronger. Whilst it may not be a 100% mirror image of the diversity in Australia today, I would hope that it is close enough to ensure that the policy positions the Party would take would seek to find that balance and middle ground we are looking for. After all iti is the majority view of the Party that we will represent, rather than being driven by a big business, trade unions or an extreme green agenda. This also give us the opportunity to work with these traditional political influences in a more consultative way seeking outcomes for the broad spectrum of Australian families that make up our political party.

One thing we are very much against are sections of our community being bullied by larger political parties and tabloid media in order to promote their own selfish interests. This is what has happened to us and this is why we have decided to unite. Might not have been the best branding decision if we want to be seen as more than a one policy party, but we need to pay respect to the reason why we decided to unite as a family.

Again these are my personal views as no official position has been taken by the party at this stage, but it does give you some insight into how I would like to work with the party to see it evolve.

Happy to take any questions, but out of respect for Ausjeep, unless the mods and admins are happy for this thread to continue here, please either PM me or feel free to ask your questions on our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/AustralianM...nthusiastParty

Cheers,

Matt