AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Servicing the 3.7
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011
Rated the trail

Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default Step one: Drain engin oil

Well this step is fairly simple and straight forward. I jacked my car up and placed it onto six jack stands standing it on the chassis to get a little bit of height. Now I am not sure how to post the pics in the box here but I'll attach photos with a bit of editing...

So Step one I disconnected the battery negitive terminal as I was going to be working on a number of things and the service and build manual suggested I did.

Now once the car was jacked up I did two things whilst there initially.

1) Placed a oil pan directly under the cross member. Removed the sump plug of the engine oil located near the cross member under the vehicle. Once the pulg was removed with a no.13 spanner anti clockwise I cleaned the plug and placed it somewhere safe Picture: one round circle points it out.. I also removed the oil filter including the O ring it came with (make sure you have this O ring) Pic 2 circle red around the filter

2) The manual says to remove the drain plug on the bottom of the radiator but I have read that you loose it's seal and struggle to get that back once you did that so I changed it somewhat slightly... I removed the bottom hose to the radiator located on the drivers side under the radiator, and the the coolant bottle cap and allowed it to drain into a second pan. Pic 3 circle around the hose clamp, pic 4 arrow points to the radiator cap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	50874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	50875   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	50876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	50877  

Last edited by Jeep'ers; 02-11-2011 at 07:21 PM.