AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: Fraz's Budget Build with JK Diffs
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

Managed to get some more work done to this over the last couple of days. Have rego coming up shortly so needed to get rid of all the oil leaks. Replaced the sump gasket and rear-main seal, although I have a horrible suspicion that the front main seal is either on its way out or already gone. Lots of crud behind the harmonic balancer, along with coolant dripping from somewhere.

Anyway, back to the rear end to finish what I previously started:

Made up a couple of bump-stop spacers for the rear end at work. Had some spare 50x75mm RHS at work that was 2.5mm thick. Originally started making them from 50x65mmx1.5, but decided they wouldn't be strong enough. These should allow me to run a 4" patrol rear shock without bottoming out the shock, which allows me time to upgrade as more parts turn up. This should also hopefully stop the 31's from scrubbing, although I may be getting 32's or 33's soon, just have to wait and see.

Also ordered RE extended shackles from Wooders, and bought the 6" coils and shackle relocation brackets off Tuffeb on here. Looking forward to it all turning up so I can test it on the trails.

Anyway, photo time!

Bump-stop spacer - 75mm spacing-

Bump-stops bolted to the bracket using M14x1.5 flange nuts and high tensile bolts-

Bolted together-

Comparison of old clearance to new clearance-

While I was at it, I also made up a Brake-line relocation bracket. This can be straightened out to further space the brake line down if need be, but should be fine for the time being.

See my Budget XJ Build HERE!