AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: Fraz's Budget Build with JK Diffs
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

Haven't been on here in a while, been way too busy and haven't been able to get any of the work done to the XJ that I've needed to. Finally started getting some bits and pieces done today while I've got some time off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCJ7 View Post
check the o ring around the oil filter l adapter (engine side of adapter not filter side) it leaks out of there and runs back making it look a little like rear main
Thanks for the heads up. I've ordered a gasket set from RockAuto for this, so will be replacing these seals along with the rear main (again), front main and timing case (seal and case).

Today I managed to remove the whole front end. Replaced the water pump, thermostat and housing, and cleaned out the block.

All apart-

New Water pump and thermostat/housing fitted

As you can see, the timing case has copped a beating from the harmonic balancer, so will be replacing that while the front is all apart before the balancer goes back on. This will HOPEFULLY be the end of my cooling system and general oil leak problems...

Also have the ball-joints, front diff gears and bigger coils to put in. Tossing up whether to use a set of 4" coils I pulled off a wrangler at work, or the 6" coils I've had for a while... Will be running extended shackles with the Lovells leaf springs for the moment, as I still need to have a play with the custom leafs I made up...

See my Budget XJ Build HERE!