AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Return to Jeep
Thread: Return to Jeep
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,930 Times in 2,320 Posts

Yep rear bumper needs to be removed as the tow bar slots into the so called chassis rail................. I would advise to get a proper jeep tow harnes, its plug and play with the connection under the left hand side pocket in the back........... an electric brake connection is also in this area with a red and blue wire taped to the harness but you have to run your cabling from your brake unit to these wires, I picked up power from the jumper terminals under the bonnet and ran thru the unused grommet on passenger side, if you look beside the blower motor its easy to see, use this for all cabling into cab, just so easy, ran the cable form the controller along edge of door trim under back seats and dummy rea floor to LH side pocket, theres a grommet hole in the cavity to run cable to outside for tow plug. ................ can't remember if it needs flashing or not, I don't think so...

Make sure the tow bar has a compliance plate fitted and is rated for 3500kgs as there are ones for lesser loads..... the WK2 bar is far better than earlier versions in way of mounting just ensure its torqued up properly... can't advise on a brand as mine came with it and I can't remember who made as plate is hard to read now..

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.