AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Return to Jeep
Thread: Return to Jeep
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,138 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
Hi all after a interval of non-Jeep ownership I'm back, the old Xj we had is still going and currently in the ownership of our nephew and still going strong.

We have just bought a 2014 Overland and is stock as a rock and I have a lot to learn so will be asking lots of questions to get up to speed on this, add in it's my first diesel car just to make things more interesting.

My first topic is regarding fitting a towbar, the car currently doesn't have a towbar fitted and is in need of one for towing our caravan.

Firstly does the rear bumper need to be removed?
Where is the trailer connector located for the wiring to connect to? And how do you gain access to it?
Does the trailer connector include the wiring for trailer brakes and if so where is the front connector for this?
Does the car need to be "programmed" to make use of the trailer connector? Any idea on how much this costs and who can do it in SEQ?
Anything else I need to be aware of?

TIA.....
...I have the 3500kg Hayman Reece still fitted to my old Jeep, as well as the Hayman Reece brake controlled if you are interested...I am in Bris...