AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
I noticed the same from my harmonic balancer. They can become delaminated. My fathers Camry had an aircon pump bearing worn and chewed the belt up over time. With the tensioner, it's the springloaded arm (in particular the spring) that is the maintaining force for tension. Like mine, if the spring slackens or the belt stretches there is not enough preload against the spring and it will vibrate. The only question is, do I fork out $250 for a whole kit or $60 for the belt. I need to replace the O'ring in the charge air line - pre silencer as oil has been also dripping on the belt which can't be good for it. But eitherway, I will be removing it when I change the belt so I can get better access to the pullies to check everything. I have just reached 170,000klms and a lot of original parts don't last too much longer. I recall mums Falcon around the same mileage. We were under that car for a while changing out bearings, joints bushes, pullies etc.
Did you change your harmonic balancer due to the movement? Is yours making a knocking/tapping noise also? Cheers Bloke