AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 97 TJ Diffs
Thread: 97 TJ Diffs
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassa View Post
Thanks guys I've seen a few kits on eBay for the 4.11's
and they are reasonably priced but then I've read that
Some carriers are different and there is a few variations
Of ring and pinion gear sets and I've had the rear diff center
Out and in pieces Already and not a hard job to rebuild the LSD
so i think i could tackle the change of gears but not sure
On the front diff how can I find out what actual carriers
It's running? Has anyone done this? Can I sorce this spec on my Diffs?
IMHO and experience don't get any critical parts for the Jeep off Ebay. They might be ok and they might be shit like the two or three or three things I bought from the site. In the end it cost me twice to repair the fault with two lots of labour because the parts weren't an exact fit and i am talking hundreds of dollars.
If you need diff carriers and ring and pinion gears call Wooders he will get you exactly the right part first time round. I would however recommend something different to a Yukon install kit as I have had a few issues with their seals leaking even though they feel tight on the shafts. If you can get National seals and Timken USA bearings you should be ok with those install parts.

I assume you know how to set up the diff with the new carrier and gear set? As it won't be a matter of using the same shims, like it would if you are just rebuilding the original centre.

Regards A