AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Why do You Own a XJ
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2018
Established Member

Liked 98 Times in 57 Posts
Default Xj

I just bought a KJ CRD for my main run around vehicle.
Only had it a day and the transmission went into limp mode.
Finally got it to reset near home and hasn't done it since. A week later and it threw up the engine light again and 10 minutes later cut out and wouldn't restart. Walk home 500m luckily and jumped in my XJ to drive back with obd reader. Turns out the crank angle sensor died.
Towed it home and its in the back yard getting timing belt, water pump front seals, thermostat, power steer hoses, viscous fan drive, aircon regas etc etc etc, oh and new suspension shocks springs and bushes and ball joints. Probably another 3 weeks before its back on the road.

So why do I own an XJ, it has never let me down yet in 3 years of ownership,
I threw suspension at it and a radiator and even when it blew the head gasket between 1 and 2 it still drove me home 250km's.

I,m seriously wondering whether the KJ might be a mistake, absolute pig to work on compared to the XJ.
Seeing as the XJ's rego was going to run out the day after the KJ died it has 6 months on it again. If I get any drama out of the KJ it goes and the XJ stays.