AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cherokee Owners post your PIC!!
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Light trail work

Hutch / Kyro,

Cheers

The tracks are mainly power line trails between the Bunyaville Reserve, and Brisbane Forest Park - MAP 117 on 2005 UBD. They are pretty short and only really photo opportunity tracks - usually 200 - 300 meters long. The track in the photos was on a 40-degree slope and in 1st low range the XJ slid around a fair bit going up the left sidetrack where the XJ is heading down to (2nd photo). You can see the lighter wheel marks where the XJ made it to before having to go back down due to slipping.

I've had some hairy moments with the Duelers in the wet. I've had to be quite careful with braking as the front wheels have locked quite easily. I had Yokohama Super Diggers on a similar size 4WD with similar brakes and found it very difficult to lock them up in the wet.

I would like to see how the 694's go up against the old Duelers. I think to increase the speed rating the 694's have had to be far more road oriented. No doubt the 4X4 mags have gone into it in great detail somewhere.

I love the grunt of the diesel, oh boy, you feel the stump pulling torque in low range and the engine breaking going down the steeper sections is fantastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2348b.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	13139   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2357b.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	13140  

Last edited by byjingo; 19-11-2005 at 10:45 PM.