AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: TD 'Pocket Tourer'
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeh GOJEEP no problems I need reminding some times.

I filled the whole of the stripped thread an retapped the thread. Shouldn't be a problem as it is in tight now and shown no signs of moving, even to the point of being near impossible to get it undone (will definately need the breaker bar).

I am aware of the bump stop problem and it is definately on the cards as is extending the brake cables. I have a company car so the car is not a daily driver (depends which car is in the driveway so drive it sometimes). The car will definately not be going off road until such stuff is sorted.

I generally attempt stuff as time permits. I often work 6am through to 7pm and 6 or 7 days a week. Sometimes time only permits a hours work so I tackle something like the shocks instead of brakes because I don't want to have to bleed the system by myself in the dark etc...

Please remember that the OE shocks are OE length the other shocks are suited for a 4 inch lift (my lift is 3.5 so that makes them maybe .5 to 1 inch too long).

I have read alot of your sight but thought hey how hard can four bolts be to undo and do up?!?!?!