AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)?
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2013
Established Member

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Hope all is well over there... scary stuff.
All is well for me and those I know, however it's confirmed that 6 people have lost their lives to this natural disaster.
The water is receeding very quickly, as the storm and rain came from the ocean this time, not from inland as it normally would, so rivers are draining quickly in places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Def did! Thanks for taking the time to post . Look like a great trip. There seems to be so many great places to tour/wheel/visit on the east coast, I wish it was closer to me and my Jeep... You obviously enjoy taking your photos as well as it looks like you put thought into it and they look great, what camera/equip are you using?
Ah, a welcome sound to my ears after ensuing arguments on facebook regarding instagram (hate it), so thank you

Camera is a Nikon D7000 DSLR and I use three Nikon lenses, a wide angle (non fish eye, but it still distorts a little) 10-24mm lens, an all-round 18-105mm lens, and a telephoto 70-300mm for those longer shots and a tripod to make things a little easier.
I'm still learning how to use it, but it's great fun to experiment, and takes good video too (all my youtube videos are taken with the Nikon)

I'm sure WA has it's awesome sights to see too! I remember seeing a photo on here a while ago of someone with a Grand on a pristine beach in WA somewhere with beautiful white sand, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the beach.

Now I suppose you want me to get started on all the video editing, so you can watch that too huh? haha