AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)?
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8_jofes View Post
All is well for me and those I know, however it's confirmed that 6 people have lost their lives to this natural disaster.
The water is receeding very quickly, as the storm and rain came from the ocean this time, not from inland as it normally would, so rivers are draining quickly in places.
That's good to hear, for you at least.. Not for the 6.

Quote:
Ah, a welcome sound to my ears after ensuing arguments on facebook regarding instagram (hate it), so thank you

Camera is a Nikon D7000 DSLR and I use three Nikon lenses, a wide angle (non fish eye, but it still distorts a little) 10-24mm lens, an all-round 18-105mm lens, and a telephoto 70-300mm for those longer shots and a tripod to make things a little easier.
I'm still learning how to use it, but it's great fun to experiment, and takes good video too (all my youtube videos are taken with the Nikon)
That's some decent gear you're using. I'm really a beginner but my friends have DSLR's and we're all 'into' photography and I'm actually looking to upgrade to some Nikon DSLR stuff soon. Been looking at the D5200, but I'm prob going to wait until the D7100 comes out.

I'm glad you told me about the wide angle lens, as I may look to get one of those as well as apart from the stock lens they usually come with I want a nice wide lens. And good to know that your vids were done with this cam as they look like great quality.

Quote:
I'm sure WA has it's awesome sights to see too! I remember seeing a photo on here a while ago of someone with a Grand on a pristine beach in WA somewhere with beautiful white sand, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the beach.
Yeah WA has got some great stuff. The only prob is everything is so spread out over here, gotta drive for hours to get to where you want to.. We do have heaps of beaches like you described, in fact I'd say that is mostly what the 4wd culture over here is, just heading to the beach for camping, fishing, playing in dunes etc.

Quote:
Now I suppose you want me to get started on all the video editing, so you can watch that too huh? haha
Read my mind. Get to it! haha . All good, I will wait patiently
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119