AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Anyone had issues with HiTV on Laredo?
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Angry Anyone had issues with HiTV on Laredo?

Hey - wondering if anyone has had any issues with HiTV aftermarket satnav that integrates behind/with uConnect?

Two weeks ago I got a Shift Service warning on the car, the recall was complete back in 2016.. (first check). Last week the vehicle flashed every light under the sun - advising for me not to change gear or turn the car off before I got to my destination. Eventually got to the car to Jeep dealer.. they believed they tracked the issue down to the aftermarket sat nav unit they installed when the car was purchased - intrusive wiring, insufficient wire harnessing, fused/pinched wires and heat are keywords in my discussion with the dealer.. The unit is a HiTV iGo, the unit was has been replaced before as we had issues in the past. They cannot get the third party into resolve the issue until the new year but have disconnected the iGo.. but I've had the car error twice in the four days since having it back.

Now Jeep advised that the unit 'integrates' with the main wiring of the unit, something we were not aware of. Looking at other forums posts it appears its quite intrusive, soldering.. so I imagine the issue is still there they were just hoping by disconnecting the main device, no shorts would occur - which doesn't appear to be the case.

Jeep USA have advised me over 'live chat' that any device that interferes directly with the vehicle will void the warranty. I've been advised this is a 'grey area' as the car is out of warranty and its a third party device potentially causing the issue. I'm not sure where I stand here, I believe the dealer is liable for the issue, they have indicated that there would likely not be a charge.. if its tracked down to the unit.

Love the car and have had zero issues with the car in 95K and 4 years until now! Not sure if I should just ask them to remove the entire unit, fix the wiring and I should spend the $600 to get the code (found this upon researching) to unlock the Laredo stock satnav.

Anyone had issues?

Last edited by AJRGC; 30-12-2017 at 05:42 PM.