AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015
MonsterMoose

Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruggz351 View Post
Finished me switch install...

... now, Jj, can you please tell me, why the LED light doesn't work on the switch for the spotties?
It never worked on the old switch, and it doesn't work on this new switch either. I'm assuming it's got something to do with the switching of the relay. There is no power for the LED.

Upon testing the switches, with a power supply before install, all was good, so I know the switches are good, mate. And the LEDs work for the switches, just the spotties doesn't, which has it's own feed.
PS... I'm using one of your headlight harnesses, with the spotlights added. (which is da bomb, I might add)

Thanks
Ok Bruggz, the reason why the LED's aren't working is the LED in the switch is designed to work with a switch +12v feed, the headlight loom driving light trigger is a negative, to get this to work you'll need to have the switch operate a relay (connected to +12v) with the relay's contact in place of the switch in the headlight loom, so in essense the relay replicates the normal switch but allows the switch to operate with +12v and in turn allow the LED to operate as it's intended...

Does this make sense?

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland