AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WJ crd 03’ power loss
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2019
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WJ crd 03’ power loss

Hey all [emoji112]

Recently brought a 03’ grand Cherokee 2.7 crd (quadra-drive). Purchased the jeep up north in Carnarvon and drove it back to Perth, about a 900km trip.
Just about the entire 9 hour trek she didn’t miss a beat besides running a bit hotter than usual when giving it some over taking due to a split in the coolant expansion tank which was manageable.
About 15 mins out from home it started holding gears and then really smashing into them if and when it did change.
Nursed her home and Immediately went to check the atf level/quality and found there was no dipstick or plug in the trans filler tube. why didn’t I check it before I left you are probably asking, the answer is I am a self confessed impatient dickhead and purely relied on the previous service report from 1300km prior which stated any issues and this was not one of them (rookie mistake I know, roast me)

Anyhow so I am now aware they don’t have a dipstick and the box was not meant to be serviced blah blah Mercedes blah blah...I got the specs for the mechanics dipstick knocked one up, dropped the fluid dropped the pan, filter change, seal change, new fluid away we go.

So the gear box is now running smooth again and transitioning gears as it should be, all gravy besides it’s lacking a lot of power as if it stuck in “limp” mode or similar??

I am new to Jeep’s as this is my first so I dont know my way around them aswell as id like and I have never owned a Mercedes either [emoji28].
Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks guys and sorry about the novel of a post. Here is a pic of me Jeep just cause [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk