AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Just some positive fuel figures for the ecoDiesel towing with a tune
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 235 Times in 132 Posts

I had to remove all factory bash plates and QT told me okay to temporarily remove the 1/3 rear seat. Steel to alloy wheel and left the cargo floor behind just to get under by a few kilo. Only have alloy bull bar and tow bar but 45kg extra on air suspension unfortunately. I hardly ever connect the DC cable to van given how sensitive the alt is to overloading as well. Not sure if that has any overall effect on consumption either that we would real world notice though. What surprised me is the ball weight from the point of view of handling so I found that that a variance of 30kg on ball weight. say 240 up to 270kg is a significant difference in handling feel. i.e a 240 fees just sure footed yet at 270 you have to be extra mindful of the van working you over a tad on less forgiving roads. I guess another way of saying the 30 kilo scale is non linear here in careful factor.