AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - S49 Recall is really BAD!!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)
Angry S49 recall problems

I have a 2014 -15 Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel with 94,000 on it and until 2 weeks ago had no problems with it what-so-ever. Had 3 recall letters from FCA for s49 recall so after waiting till all the early s49 issues had settled down, I went off to Tynan Jeep in Wollongong (we live in Bowral 80kms away) for the upgrade. A day later after driving to Goulburn and back turned off the motor but put the car back into ACC. to listen to the news on the radio. The Uconnect radio presets were all gone and I couldn't get them back, left the car in the garage for 3 hours and came back and they were all there again. My wife driving the car a week later was in a shopping centre carpark when all of a sudden the car dropped out of D and went into N and engine shutdown. Tried to restart and made an awful sound which she couldn't stop, she let it take its course and it eventually stopped and was able to restart the motor. The car was taken to my local mechanic who extracted and cleared the codes of P016F-00 "Closed Loop Fuel Pressure Control at Limit- Pressure to low" and B212D-13 "Ignition Run Only Input- Circuit Open - Stored". Another week went by and no problems after 600kms BUT last night took the car to Sydney (120kms away) and the same thing happened 3 times at speeds of 10kms or less jumping out of D into N and the engine stopping - very dangerous and scary. I decided after the last shutdown to get me back to Bowral from Sydney last night I put it into SPORT mode and I got home OK. Car is going back to Tynans on Tuesday.