AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Diesel XJ **Parts & Info**
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by del97td View Post
hi guys just to let you know the z9 does fit the only problem you'll have fitting it is if your engine mount has started to collapse,anyway there is a more common filter that can be used its a ryco z68 its 4mm shorter at 120mm, the seal diameter is 1mm less at 70mm, and the seam diameter (widest part where its joined like a tin can) is 4mm bigger at 82mm. ive been using them for the last couple of years with no problems, had to find an alternative to the z9 because engine mount had got a bit soft and the filter was taking a beating when the engine rocked
I think there must be a difference between the 97 & update models. the Z9 definitely will not fit on a 2000 model.
What side is your spare on? (this will allow us to know if we are comparing like with like) The update has the spare on the left.
I suspect there are extra bracing on the chassis of the update near the steering box & so less room. The bull bar mounts are different on the update as well.
Does the Z68 have the non return valves etc & are they a diesel or petrol engine filter? ~ There is a difference.