AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Why is it hard to Start when Cold
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2019
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg View Post
I believe in the FSM diagnostics (somewhere) it states the ASD relay shuts down the fuel pump after 2 or 3 secs...and explains why

Have a look for that?

from my memory the fuel pump makes a noise for 2-3 secs, then shuts up...however if you listen up near the tank with engine running, you can hear the pump whining
Absolutely correct awg But in my case IF the Planets Align and its the right Moment in Time all the Idiot Lights act Normal on the first click the Fuel Pump turns Off after a few secs as per normal you get a beep and hey presto it STARTS! and Runs Perfectly? ..... IF! ..You Have Offended the Gods somehow or there is too much Electro Magnetic Radiation caused by Sun Spots and the Idiot Lights go Off and On Fast or Don't even come On and the Check Engine Light Flashes Flickers Flutters what ever you want to call it ... The Fuel Pump Stays ON!?..... and Guess What no Start!??????
I Could not touch the XJ today it has Doing my Head in for the last week ..................................I Made BEER
I know it is not a Short as No Fuse is Blown
it has all the Symptoms if a Bad Earth....Connection.....Flicker Flicker..Flash Flash..
I think I have to find the PCM Earth Wire and check it out also some how contort my self and look under the dash check for Bad Earths especially at the ECU..ECM might be grasping at straws But every thing that relates to the Idiot Lights ................... Also there is a lot of LPG stuff wired under there I suppose....... I have until Wed as I booked the Local Mechanic to come to My Place to Hold my Hand for a Hour...... Maybe two Heads are Better than One
Anyway enough Ranting and raving back to Drinking BEER!

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)................................

Last edited by LuluBelle; 28-02-2019 at 04:00 PM.