AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Aftermarket parts
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For an 05 CRD:

Oil Filter: Ryco Z596 $35, (OE Jeep one is $20!)
Air Filter: OE Jeep $30 (couldn't find an Oz aftermarket one)
Fuel filter: OE Jeep $90
Fan belt: OE Jeep $80
I disagree RE the advantages of the dayco/gates acc. belts. The OE belt is 'stretchier' and more supple than the Gates and Dayco versions. The stretch is to help even out the diesel engine vibs, especially on shut-down. The OE belt is designed to work with the torque reactive alternator pulley to dampen the surges and reduce bearing loads/wear on the accessories.

Acc belt pulley - MEYLE PART No: 100 145 0003
The exact same pulley is used for various Euro GM and VW cars.
But thanks for the Repco tip - coz i was giong to go into the Holden part place and look at their calibra/saet/daewoo pullies!

Btw - the fan belt/acc pullies are 'servicable'. The dust covers on the 'sealed cartridge bearing' easily pops off. You can then stuff the bearing housing full of grease. It quitened my noisy bearings quite a bit (they were almost dry).

I have more prices on the alt pulley. timing belt etc etc, and will post them once i dig them all out from storage (cough - from under the big pile of rubbish on my work table - cough)