AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Injector upgrade thoughts.
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2010
Rock Munki

Liked 351 Times in 223 Posts

So I ordered the neon injectors, they were $200 Aud delivered.
They came with new o rings, and dropped straight in, clip nuts and electrical connectors went on no worries, took less than and hour to install.
I cleared the computer memory by touching the +ve battery terminal to the -ve for 10 seconds or so.
Turned the key to on to engage the fuel pump, on mine ('95 )it runs for about 3 seconds then turns off again, so I did it twice more to make sure the fuel rail was purged of air and to check for leaks on the new injectors.
Started first pop took it for a drive worked fine, no real noticeable difference other than it "seemed" Smoother.
To day will take it for a run and look at the AF ratio at wide open throttle, using the jeeps narrow band oxy sensor, as go jeep explains:
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoMAPsensor.htm

This is the test rig I use, Vacuum gauge and oxy sensor voltage output.

When I replaced the inlet manifold i tapped into the oxy voltage output wire and mounted a easily accessible plug on the inlet manifold to make testing less of a hassle.
it is the green wire with the blue heat shrink over a female spade electrical connector on the end.
'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan

Last edited by rainman; 26-01-2010 at 06:53 AM.