AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - GPEC5 ECM preventing retuning
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default GPEC5 ECM preventing retuning

Hi guys,
has anyone any information from sources (outside of HRT in America) on how one can retune the cars with the Pentatstar 3.6 petrol engine that has this module on it?
apparently attempts to re-write the firmware to this module result in bricking it...thus requiring replacement of the computer board.

My reasons for asking the question are as follows:

1. I have been told by an Aussie performance shop that the Pentastar engines are coming out of the factory such that the engines run very very rich at low rpm (contributing to increased fuel usage and inability to maintain speed in 8th gear)

2. I wish to improve low end torque by supercharging and currently Magneson conversions on the GPEC5 ECM are not possible due to bricking the ECM boards when trying to rewrite them. Apparently attempts to change the ECM to an earlier version arent going so well either...the VIN checks fail and then the cars go into limp mode unless the correct GPEC5 ECM is used (rewriting the older version modules with newer model car VIN's doesn't seem to work?)

thoughts/ideas?

kind regards
Adam

Last edited by adamjedgar@live.com.au; 04-11-2022 at 08:11 AM.