AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Help Please!
Thread: Help Please!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I own a CRD, never payed much attention to the injection system though, but I would do the following on any diesel that was not running. A lot of assumptions but common rail diesel stuff is all pretty similar.

Crack the line that goes into the fuel rail, see if you have pressure. That should give you an idea what direction in the fuel system to look.

No pressure. Check for pressure after the fuel filter, no pressure check filter and electric pump in tank. If you have pressure, then the only thing left forward of that is the high pressure pump.

If you have pressure at the rail you need to check if the injectors are working. On my VDJ79, I could hold my fingers against an injector and feel it fire when it was turning over. I don't know if this will work for the CRD. Otherwise you need to check the injector signal with a noid light.

If all that is sweet and you have fuel pressure, its most likely a wiring issue somewhere.

Last edited by Hoasco; 07-02-2018 at 06:53 AM.