AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Which shockers?
Thread: Which shockers?
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 124 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
My 2013 Laredo has the standard Quadra-Trac II suspension and shocks. And yes, it has that light rattle over bumps at slow speeds which I understand is due to a design glitch with the rear shock upper mounts. It's not bad, just mildly irritating. Jeep aren't too interested unless I want to fork out $1000 plus fitting for new rear shocks with revised mountings.

I haven't had the car long and I'm just setting up for towing a caravan at 2100kg ATM, well within the car's capacity. My main question is, should I forget about going for more Jeep shocks just to get the new mountings, or would I be better off uprating to aftermarket HD rear shocks? I had Pedders HD rear shocks and coils put on my old Territory and it was a good conversion for towing. Does anyone have these or similar aftermarkets on the GC, especially for towing?

SouthernComfort, I'd remind Jeep there is a TSB Recall to rectify this issue for your build date!
I've had my MY14 Jan build done and it made a huge difference.
Sorry can't seem to see how to upload TSB PDF so here is screen shot of important details. Give it a go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JGCTSB-Rear Shocks.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	76922  

Last edited by 67HR; 13-01-2018 at 08:08 AM.