AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tips for a sand driving noob
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Most though are genuinely thankful but it can become frustrating when the person you are helping doesn't even have the basics to help themselves.

Unfortunately there are some real idiots out there that honestly seem to think that you are obliged to help them.I've come across a few as I spend most of my off roading on sand. These are the ones that think a RAV4 or a Subaru Forester are more than suitable for soft sand or don't air down because they don't have a compressor.

I used to help everyone that needed it but now will only help those that have tried to do the right thing in the first place.

Maxx traxx and a shovel will get yourself out of all but the most dire of circumstances. I travel on beaches by myself all the time and have never had to need anything else.

I also carry an air jack but I've never had to use it. I also have at least one ratchet strap in case I peel a tyre off the rim but if you stick to going to no lower than 12 psi and avoid sharp turns, you would have to be very unlucky to do so.

Sand driving isn't that difficult and is awesome fun. On Soft sand go down to around 16psi but don't be afraid to go lower if you do become stuck.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders