AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Best Tire Selection Ideas For 2019
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019
I just registered

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts

+1 on the Hankooks generally and for their low road noise and wet weather grip characteristics in particular. I changed them out at 70,000kms due, in part, to some uneven wear caused by an unnoticed wheel alignment issue (yes, my fault for not checking more frequently).

I then went with a set of (much more expensive) LT-rated Bridgestone D697 due to a wish for greater puncture protection for some outback touring. The 697s were as noisy new as the Hankooks at the end of life, but similar grip. Sadly, I can't report on their longevity as the GC was stolen when those tyres were only at 35,000kms, obviously with plenty of tread left.

My replacement GC, a 2013 Trailhawk, still has it's original, 6 year old, Canadian-made Goodyear Wranglers at 82,000kms but not much left on them so will be replaced soon (maybe Hankooks again?). The TH understeers more but that could be as much to do with having the added weight of a bull bar as the lack of tread on the tyres.