AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Firefox and Chrome blocking Facebook
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2019
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Firefox and Chrome blocking Facebook

So who else is enjoying the benefits of not being able to access Facebook from their Firefox and Chrome web browsers. If it hasn't hit you yet, it will. What annoys me the most about it is that is just bounces you in an infinate login loop, you get no messages etc, so as expected you think maybe your password is wrong or you have been hacked.

From Mozilla Firefox ironically put on their Facebook page.....

Firefox
22 March 2018 ·
Dear 18 million people we’ve had the opportunity to interact with over the past several years here: We’re taking a break from Facebook. At Mozilla we champion platforms and technologies that are good for the web and good for the people that use it.

We stand up for transparency and user control because they make the web healthier for us all. That’s why we are pressing pause on any Facebook activity. Mark Zuckerberg has just promised to improve Facebook’s settings and make them more protective, which is a start! Please do that! But we can’t help but think we’ve heard it before, so we’re still going to wait and see what materializes before we resume spending our ad dollars or time here.

So Firefox and Chrome have banned Facebook, yet the login screen is available. I also noted that the Facebook plugin at the top of Ausjeep is affected due to the web browser not being logged in. No longer an ability to share content until resolved or using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com

Last edited by Jimmyb; 27-03-2019 at 05:31 PM.