AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Serpentine belt
Thread: Serpentine belt
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

As a general rule changing the serpentine belt is fairly easy, a bit fiddle to get your hands in to the right spots the first time but easier once you know how.

They will go with age which is why they have a service interval, I change the tensioner every 3rd belt change or earlier if needed, you can usually tell when the tensioner needs changing because you’ll see them chatter as the belt goes around or the create uneven wear on an otherwise heathy belt. I’d suggest you change yours, especially if it’s stripped the outer 2 ribs off the belt.

When was the last time the water pump was changed? If your going to be in the area it might be worthwhile doing everything at once, I did my water pump, serpentine belt, belt tensioner, fan clutch, replaced the coolant, and replaced the fan all in one go, saves going back in at a later stage to have to do it all again.

When shopping for maintenance parts, check out www.rockauto.com , they have a wide range of parts to suit all models and ship next day for most things, I’ve had orders arrive in as little as 3 days, but the average is 5 days, still faster than I can get stuff from Melbourne to Brisbane lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk