AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - I'm Hopeing this is not a Head Gasket
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2017
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

OK......UPDATE
I took 3 and 4 plugs out 6000k old perfect! nice grey no carbon the porcelain was a bit yellow on the electrode and a little up the stem heat all good I thought oil fine oil cap fine no milky shit needed about 300 ml coolant I was trying to figure my options out when I thought where do I get a head fixed out here !?!!! looked it up and there is a guy over in Longreach 215 k away I rang him and discussed my symptoms and he believes my head has a slight warp especially after boiling a few times its only $80 to true the head up again and $25 a valve if needed doing ...... but getting the head off .................................!
Ok so I looked on rockauto gaskets and new head bolts under a $100 posted here I don't think there is anything wrong with my valves so say another $100 for the headjob and probably 2 hrs to pull it off and 2 hrs to refit everything so that about $400 at the mechanics and a trip to Longreach in the PT
$650ish I think should do the trick
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)