AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Spare Wheel Hold down bolt
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnK View Post
I had a look at mine Drover, the thread is 14mmx2mm - metric coarse - as I measure it.
When we travel, the plastic floor well cover is replaced by a module with a storage drawer and also holds the Engel fridge, chairs and table.
I've replaced the original bolt with a standard bolt with a loop welded on top. Then I use a turnbuckle to hold the module into the floor recess. If ever we go upside down the module will still be stuck in place fingers X.
Hope you can find a bolt readily and simply stick a loop on top and do something to retrain your spare.
Good luck

That does sound about right it certainly is a course thread and the UNC test board didn't match....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Stop posting and ring All Grand...it'll be in your hot li'l hand 2moro and you can work your magic extending it....simplz...worst comes to comes worst it'll be Wednesday.

The postage would be more than I want to part with, just a poor pensioner remember .... besides Brisbane to my place is a 3 day journey for the mail came;s up this way. ................ DiY is my thing, you know that why buy when I can knock it up in my shed, none of that "W" stuff to get in the way of living ......

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.