AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New Jeep owner in darwin. Gday!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by '98 UpCountry XJ View Post
Howdy y'all,
Andrew here from Darwin NT. We have just purchased our first Jeep and thought we'd join the forum. Been a Toyota disciple all my life and the Jeep certainly is a different kettle of fish. Fast,comfy, and built closer to car than a truck.Probably the ultimate and only true SUV.

It's up on stands at the moment waiting on some new alloy axles from the US, and a new AC compressor discharge hose/pipe. In the 2 months we've owned her we have fitted a new head sourced from the states, new S/S exhaust manifold and front pipe, new TPS, serviced the auto trans.

It's an UpCountry job so has the extra bash plates etc. One owner from new 1998 XJ in Mossy Green. Missus loves driving it, but the lack of aircon at the moment puts a damper on her enthusiasm somewhat!

We new going in we were going to spend some cash on the thing,and we are committed.

We use myus.com as our shipping agent in the states, and simply buy parts off Amazon and Ebay like we live there,have done for years. The exchange rate is weakening now but still the way to go for American car parts.

Local Jeep dealer quoted my AirCon guy $618 for the aircon discharge hose,got one stateside for $175 use,same MOPAR part number! classic

Anyway,enough waffle, happy to be here!
G'day Mate,

Welcome to Jeepin in Darwin. If your interested we have a club NT Jeepers going, only new in Darwin. For more info email us at NTJeepers@outlook.com and also look us up on Face Book under NT Jeepers.