AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Stock 01 Classic shock p/numbers
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018
I just registered

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Yes Crown are a bit like Triton from superjunk. JungleJuice did a lot of playing around with shocks on his XJ. Would be worth a look see there. Have you measured your suspension height? ~ The distance from the wheel center to the underside of the flair? That would tell you how your springs are & if any lift is fitted. IIRC the up country option was available on the classic. It gave a 1" lift ex the factory. If your springs are good, you may wish to look for a set of JK (I think) standard shocks. You can get very good second hand ones for next to nix.
The build sheet shows it has "SDB SUSPENSION - HEAVY DUTY". Also have spring codes (eg -"ZGJ SPRING - LEFT FRONT") but when I look them up it doesn't really make it clear if it's the 1in lift Up Country suspension.

When I measured it (from centre of wheel to lower lip of flare), it's 450mm front and 420mm rear. From a net search that seems about stock ride height. Does that sound right?