AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Wj 2,7 engine getting warm
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2014
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Modern cooling systems do run up hotter than the old days and pressurised systems and modern coolants means 100+ degrees is not actually the boiling point of cars cooling system. Doesn't really sound that bad but sounds like the only thing you haven't replaced is actually fan hub assembly.

don't really understand the dealer comment regarding the fan being dodgy if it speeds up more when hot. Isn't that it's function. Also don't understand how the gearbox ECU has any relevance at all.

The solenoid you refer to I presume is the fan actuating solenoid. All your heat exchangers in the front are clear of mud and debris ??? and all your seals etc are in tact sealing the gaps around the radiator and other heat exchangers so you are not loosing airflow.???

It makes sense that the A/C ECU will trigger the fan when on and that makes me think the fan itself sounds OK which if there is a drama points to the electronic actuating system of the fan. (Sorry but don't recall at present the setup exactly)