AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tj new loom price
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2018
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

An entirely new loom seems excessive for the faults you are encountering.
1.Rear lights can do strange things if the taillights are not earthed properly - usually just means the screws holding the taillights on are not tight.
I have done away with the factory screws and replaced them with bolts which I cranked down like a goddam mofo so no earthing issues (and erratic taillights) for me

2. Is your CHMBL not working? - this is usually due to the wires to the contacts falling off - pull down the rear-most part of the drivers side rear fender liner - reach up and feel for the back end of the tub contacts - I'm guessing one or both wires have fallen off.
The wires need to be pushed back on with some authority or they will fall off again - I feel a definite 'click' when they are connected properly.
Doesn't matter which wire is connected to which contact.

3. Dash lights - is your dimmer turned down?

4. CEL - This could be coming on for dozens of reasons - you need to extract the codes to determine why it is coming on.
Google 'key trick' to display fault codes in the odometer on the dash.
Note - if you have a 98, 99 or 2000 TJ, the 'key trick' will not work and you will a scan tool to extract the codes.
If your TJ isn't a 98, 99 or 2000 model, I can describe the key trick here if you want.