AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Dying Alternator on my Commander CRD??
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Thats me! For reference i'm running a SSB SS88TI AGM Stop-Start battery as my main starter battery (1180CCA / 92AH) and that second battery is a 38AH AGM (all that would fit unfortunately) that i use to run my fridge / other accessories as needed.

I've got an isolator wired up too so I can tie the batteries together just incase I happen to flatten / kill the starter battery although so far i've only ever flattened it once and that was when the car was in the shed whilst i was rebuilding the engine.

The battery tray is a pretty simple build consisting of right angle aluminium to make the base and it mounts off a couple bolts on the strut brace and one large bolt off the strut tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I have an Optima D27F since April 2016, so far so good.
Cold Cranking Amps: 830
Capacity: 66 Ah

Here is some pics of a second battery setup on a Hemi.
Can't figure out who did it (was a member here) but the original images hosted by Photo Bucket so of course we can't see then now.