AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WCM and column lock module troubles
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2022
I just registered

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts

Update today I thought I better try and repair the wcm and steering lock module problem since the jeep hasn't been going since mid-January.

I replaced the steering lock module with a second hand one, replaced the wcm with a second hand one from Lithuania, replaced the circuit board from a new key into my old key and had multiple code scanners and key scanners ready.

I tried the autel ms906 but it couldn't pull pin code for me to install secondhand wcm to ecu and couldn't program the new key and jscan app couldn't either, but the appcar program did pull the pin code and it also programmed the new key. The appcar program also sent the secret key to the ecu. Great start I thought.

I then connected the autel ms906 to check for DTC and it picked up the different VIN in wcm, so I entered into change VIN on ecu on the autel ms906 but our ecu's are not programmable for a second VIN so I am back to more research.

Might just bite the bullet and send components to just jeeps and have them repaired. I will update when I get the components back and installed.