AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ: The Rubber Ducky Build
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014
Established Member

Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts

Next, being that I'm somewhat of an audiophile (and a DJ by profession) came the sound system… and what a sound system it is. VERY loud and very clear (as if the yellow wasn't attention seeking enough) but just like the car its installed in, i find myself wanting to pump more money into it.

the mono-block amp (the farthest) came off my old car and is a beast of an amp, more than enough power for the sub

the sub has its own story but basically, a mate of mine managed to get it for me for almost nothing as it had a small bend in the outer metal ring, which ended up just bending back when i screwed it into the box. i was sceptical about soundstream gear (possibly something to do with the big spider sprawled across all their stuff) but this sub has been an absolute killer, and i would recommend to anybody looking for a slimline sub (had an alpine before which blew up 10 days after purchase)

the other amp i picked up from cash converters at a risk but turned out ok, it powers the speakers in the overhead console (more on that later)

boot could do with a clean, although I'm thinking on the possibility of a storage system. id also like to rewire and tidy up all that mess at some point